Democratic Presidential Primary Information
- Early Voting (in-person and mail-in absentee):
In-Person Absentee Voting January 15th to February 27 – click here for the schedule and locations
- You don’t need to sign a Statement of Affiliation or “loyalty oath” to participate in the Democratic Primary.
- Regular polling places will be open March 1st from 6:00am to 7:00pm.
Click here to check your voter registration status
Click here to find your polling place
- Your Primary Candidates (as they will be displayed on the ballot):
Martin J. O’Malley (has suspended his campaign)
- Fairfax County Office of Elections
- Virginia Department of Elections
- Sample Ballot for March 1st Primary
- Fairfax County Democratic Committee website
- Now: Absentee Ballot Applications accepted by mail
- January 15: In-Person Absentee Voting Begins at Fairfax County Government Center Mon-Fri
- February 8: Voter Registration Deadline – In-Person: 5:00 p.m., Online: 11:59 p.m.
- January 18: Voting Center Closed for Martin Luther King Day
- February 15: Voting Center Closed for Presidents Day
- February 23: Last Day to Apply for an Absentee Ballot by Mail, Fax or Email: 5:00 p.m.
- February 27: Saturday Voting at Govt. Center and eight Satellite locations AND Final Day for In-Person Absentee Voting
- March 1: Absentee Ballot Return Deadline (7:00 p.m.)
- June 14: Congressional Primaries
- July 25-28: Democratic National Convention
- November 8: General Election