What's on your Ballot
We’re supporting Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine for President and Vice President, and our Congressional candidates Don Beyer (8th District), LuAnn Bennett (10th District), and Gerry Connolly (11th District).
Click here for Sample Ballots
There’s more on your ballot. On the back of your ballot in Fairfax County will be six additional items: two Virginia Constitutional Amendments, a referendum, and three bond issues. Here are our positions. Click here for a Democratic sample ballot. (To read the complete language that will be on each ballot, click here)
QUESTION 1 – VOTE NO: We are opposed to this unnecessary and hurtful constitutional amendment. Click here to read our Resolution against the “Right to Work” amendment. Click here for background information from the Virginia AFL-CIO.
QUESTION 2 – VOTE YES: We support this amendment to exempt from taxation the properties owned by spouses of service members killed in the line of duty.
MEALS TAX – VOTE YES:
- A few cents more will:
- Help maintain the high quality we expect from our schools and county services (fire, police, libraries, parks, public health)
- Reduce County dependence on real estate & property taxes
- Referendum would authorize a 4% tax on prepared food and beverages
- 70% of net revenue would be dedicated to Fairfax County Public Schools
- 30% of net revenue would be dedicated to county services, capital improvements and property tax relief
Click here for the Invest in Fairfax website with full information
TRANSPORTATION BONDS – VOTE YES
PARKS AND PARK FACILITIES BONDS – VOTE YES
HUMAN SERVICES AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BONDS – VOTE YES
Bonds are a responsible solution to funding important county services without raising taxes. Fairfax County enjoys a AAA bond rating because we have a good record of paying our debts.
Click here for background information about how bonds work and what they would pay for