Tuesday, May 19: Vienna & Clifton Town Elections
From the Fairfax Office of Elections website:
Governor of Virginia Ralph Northam announced a two-week delay for the Town of Vienna and Town of Clifton May Elections. They will now take place on Tuesday, May 19 [polling locations open at 6:00 am and close at 7:00 pm]. The voter registration deadline has not changed.
The Virginia Department of Elections encourages voters to protect their health during the COVID-19 outbreak. Voting absentee by mail in the May Vienna and Clifton Town Elections . . . is strongly encouraged. Voters may choose reason “2A My disability or illness” for Absentee voting.
The Office of Elections will remain open for business during its regular office hours, however, in person services for voter registration and absentee voting will only be available curbside at the Fairfax County Government Center. Voters should call 703-222-0776. Call: 703-222-0776 upon arriving and materials will be brought out.
- Tuesday, May 12 @ 5:00 pm: Deadline to apply to receive an Absentee Ballot by mail, fax (scroll down) and online.
- Saturday, May 16 @ 5:00 pm: Deadline for In Person Absentee Voting curbside at the Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Pkwy, Fairfax. Voters should call 703-222-0776 upon arriving and materials will be brought out.
- Tuesday, May 19 from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm: Election Day for Town of Vienna and Town of Clifton.
- The polling location for the Town of Vienna is the Vienna Community Center, 120 Cherry St SE, Vienna. Official map of Town of Vienna.
- The polling location for the Town of Clifton is the Clifton Town Hall, 12641 Chapel Rd, Clifton. Official map of Town of Clifton.
- 7:00 pm: Deadline to return Absentee Ballot to Office of Elections.
- Sample ballots:
Visit The Blue View for articles, interviews and opinion pieces about the May 19 town elections.
|If a voter has received an absentee ballot, filled it out, but does not have time to mail it:
1. The voter can take the completed absentee ballot (before election day) and bring it to the FCGC (12000 Government Center Pkwy) and place it in the outside box labeled “Tax Box”
2. The voter can take the completed absentee ballot on Election Day to FCGC and call in to have someone come and retrieve their ballot.
3. The voter could bring it to Vienna Community Center on Election Day, have it spoiled and then vote in-person.
|If a voter has made a mistake on their absentee ballot:
1. At FCGC in-person curbside voting, call-in and your ballot will be spoiled and you will be given a new ballot and you will vote in-person absentee on the spot.
2. The voter could bring the absentee ballot to the Vienna Community Center on Election Day, it will be spoiled and then vote in-person.
Video from the Fairfax County Office of Elections on how to fill out your mail-in Absentee Ballot
REMEMBER: The Virginia Department of Elections strongly encourages voters to vote absentee by mail using reason code “2A My disability or illness.”