If you’re eligible to vote absentee, you may mail in an Absentee Ballot Application or you may vote early in-person absentee at satellite locations around Fairfax County.
Click here to apply online for a mail-in absentee ballot(Enter your information and click “I want to apply for absentee voting”)
Click here to download and print the Mail-In Absentee Ballot Application
Spanish Absentee Ballot Application (Formulario de Solicitud de Voto Ausente de Virginia)
Korean Absentee Ballot Application
Vietnamese Absentee Ballot Application
To vote by mail, complete and sign the Application and send it to the Office of Elections. You can:
- Apply online for a mail-in absentee ballot
- Mail the Application to the Office of Elections,
PO BOX 10161, Fairfax, VA 22038
- Fax the Application to the Office of Elections at (703) 324-3725
- Email the Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
After you submit the Application, the ballot will be mailed to you at the address you provide. The completed ballot must be returned to the Office of Elections by 7pm on Election Night.
For more information about absentee voting, visit the Fairfax County Office of Elections website.
If you need assistance, call (703) 222-0776.
You can vote in-person absentee starting September 21, 2018 at the Fairfax County Government Center
12000 Government Center Parkway
Fairfax, VA 22035
and at 9 Satellite locations starting after Columbus Day.
Specific dates, times and locations – check the Fairfax County website for details
Some reasons you can vote absentee
Use the reason codes on the Absentee Ballot Application.
- Will you be outside of Fairfax County (such as a nearby county or out of state) for work, business or personal reasons on the next election day? Use Code 1C or 1D
- Are you or your spouse going to school or college outside of Fairfax? Use Code 1A or1B
- Will you be working and commuting for 11 hours or more between 6am and 7pm on the next election day (even if you never leave Fairfax County)? Use Code 1E
- Do you have a disability or illness, are you pregnant, or are you taking care of a disabled or ill family member at home? Use Code 2A, 2B, or 2C
- Are you a first responder? Use Code 1F
- Will you or your spouse be on active military duty outside of Fairfax on the next election day? Use Code 6A or Code 6B
- Will you be temporarily residing outside of the US on the next election day? Use Code 6C or 6D