If you’re unable to get to the polls on November 6, 2018, then you can vote early by mail or in-person.
In-Person Absentee Voting
Multiple locations will be available. Please look at the schedule below and make a plan to vote!
At the voting location, fill in the Reason Code that applies to you.
VOTING AT THE OFFICE OF ELECTIONS:
12000 Government Center Pkwy, Fairfax
Conference Rooms 2/3
Sept. 21-Oct. 12
Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri 8am-4:30pm
Oct. 15-Nov. 3, Mon-Fri 8am-8pm
Saturdays: Oct. 6 thru Nov. 3, 9am-5pm
Closed Monday, Oct. 8 for Columbus Day
SATELLITE LOCATION VOTING:
October 13-November 3
Monday-Friday 3:00pm – 7:00pm
Saturdays 9:00am -5:00pm
- Providence Community Center
3001 Vaden Dr, Fairfax – near Vienna Metro
- Franconia Governmental Center
6121 Franconia Rd, Alexandria
- McLean Governmental Center
1437 Balls Hill Rd, McLean
- North County Governmental Center
1801 Cameron Glen Dr, Reston
- West Springfield Governmental Center
6140 Rolling Rd, Springfield
- Mason Governmental Center
6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale
- Mount Vernon Governmental Center
2511 Parkers Ln, Alexandria
- Sully Governmental Center
4900 Stonecroft Blvd, Chantilly
- Lorton Library
9520 Richmond Hwy, Lorton
Absentee Voting by Mail
If you’re eligible to vote absentee, you may mail in an Absentee Ballot Application.
Click here to apply online for a mail-in absentee ballot(Enter your information and click “I want to apply for absentee voting”)
Click here to download and print the Mail-In Absentee Ballot Application
Spanish Absentee Ballot Application (Formulario de Solicitud de Voto Ausente de Virginia)
Korean Absentee Ballot Application
Vietnamese Absentee Ballot Application
To vote by mail, complete and sign the Application and send it to the Office of Elections. You can:
- Apply online for a mail-in absentee ballot
- Mail the Application to the Office of Elections,
PO BOX 10161, Fairfax, VA 22038
- Fax the Application to the Office of Elections at (703) 324-3725
- Email the Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
After you submit the Application, the ballot will be mailed to you at the address you provide. The completed ballot must be returned to the Office of Elections by 7pm on Election Night.
For more information about absentee voting, visit the Fairfax County Office of Elections website.
If you need assistance, call (703) 222-0776.
Some reasons you can vote absentee
Use the reason codes on the Absentee Ballot Application.
- Will you be outside of Fairfax County (such as a nearby county or out of state) for work, business or personal reasons on the next election day? Use Code 1C or 1D
- Are you or your spouse going to school or college outside of Fairfax? Use Code 1A or1B
- Will you be working and commuting for 11 hours or more between 6am and 7pm on the next election day (even if you never leave Fairfax County)? Use Code 1E
- Do you have a disability or illness, are you pregnant, or are you taking care of a disabled or ill family member at home? Use Code 2A, 2B, or 2C
- Are you a first responder? Use Code 1F
- Will you or your spouse be on active military duty outside of Fairfax on the next election day? Use Code 6A or Code 6B
- Will you be temporarily residing outside of the US on the next election day? Use Code 6C or 6D