Early Voting for FCDC Members – Endorsement for School Board/Soil & Water Candidates
3020 Gallows Rd
The members of the Fairfax County Democratic Committee will meet this year to endorse candidates for the following positions:
School Board At-Large (3 candidates)
District School Board Member (9 candidates)
Soil & Water Conservation District Director (3 candidates)
The vote to endorse candidates is restricted to members of the Fairfax County Democratic Committee who applied by the March 22nd deadline and were approved as members by the April 9th meeting.
The candidates below have filed their Applications by the April 1st deadline and have submitted either their resume or their response to our Questionnaire, as required, and will be on the ballot for the Endorsement Meeting.
Candidates seeking the endorsement for School Board At-Large:
□ Rachna Sizemore Heizer
□ Karen Keys-Gamarra
□ Ilryong Moon
□ Abrar Omeish
Candidates seeking the endorsement for Northern Virginia Soil & Water Conservation District Director:
□ Monica Billger
□ Richard Clayton
□ Chris Koerner
□ Gerald Peters
District School Board Candidates are still in the process of filing and will be announced here by mid-April.
- March 22nd at 5:00pm was the deadline to apply if you want to participate in the endorsement. Contact your district Chair or FCDC Headquarters at (703) 573-6811 if you have questions about your membership status.
- April and May: Supervisor District Democratic Committees to hold endorsement meetings for local School Board Member. Check the Calendar for your district or see the chart below.
- May 11th: Candidate forum followed by early voting for the At-Large endorsements. Forum 11:00am – 1:00pm; voting 12:00 – 4:00pm. Location at an area school to be announced
- May 14th and 16th: Early voting 11:00am – 8:00pm for At-Large candidate endorsements. FCDC Headquarters, 8500 Executive Park Ave Suite 402, Fairfax, VA 22031
- May 19th: Early voting 12:00pm – 4:00pm for At-Large candidate endorsements. FCDC Headquarters, 8500 Executive Park Ave Suite 402, Fairfax, VA 22031
- May 21st at 7:30pm: FCDC Endorsement Meeting for School Board At-Large and Soil & Water Conservation District Director, to be held at Lake Braddock Secondary School. Open only to those who applied before the March 22 deadline and were elected onto the committee by April 9th, 2019. At this meeting, the committee will also ratify the endorsement votes of the district Democratic Committees.
- District Endorsement Meetings: Supervisor District Democratic Committees will be voting to recommend for endorsement one candidate each for their districts.