Sandra Klassen, National Affairs Committee Chair
The National Affairs Committee 2018-2019
To facilitate the recruitment, election, and support of Democrats by effectively delivering and promoting national Democratic policy principles and positions, the FCDC National Affairs Committee (NAC) will:
- Identify key national issues of concern;
- Research, analyze, develop and present Democratic policy recommendations for these issues;
- Inform and educate FCDC and other voters to engage their support for these positions, and, thereby, for Democrats and Democratic candidates.
- Liaise with federal Democratic elected officials and candidates;
- Engage issue experts to inform, educate and raise awareness about national policy issues;
- Partner with other organizations and standing committees to advance mutual positions and objectives;
- Prepare and submit items for the Fairfax County Democratic Committee newsletter and website (position papers, articles, book reviews, flyers, etc.);
- Draft resolutions and proposals for FCDC to adopt;
- Conduct outreach to broaden our base of input on national issues;
- Research and report on the policy positions and voting records of Federal elected officials;
- Prepare and submit items to media editors and other organizations to disseminate our recommendations and messages;
- Employ other means as deemed useful.
Committee Members and Voting Breakdown