Vote Early 2019
- Who is on the ballot
- Voting Early (in-person absentee)
- Voter Registration Info
- Upcoming Opportunities
For more information on voting, including for other jurisdictions, click here to view our VOTING page.
Who (and what) is on the ballot?
- Virginia General Assembly (Senate & House Member for your district)
- Constitutional Offices (Commonwealth’s Attorney & Sheriff)
- Board of Supervisors (Chairman and District Supervisor)
- School Board (Three At-Large members and one district member)
- Three Northern VA Soil & Water Conservation District Directors
- School Bond Referendum
Eleven of the offices on your ballot will not have a ‘D’ or ‘R’ next to their name, so it is very important that you know who your Democratic candidates are before going to vote. Be sure to pick up a sample ballot on your way to the polls.
Click here for our quick lookup tool to enter your address and find the Democratic candidates for your district
Click below for a flyer featuring every Democrat running in Fairfax County this year:
If you’ll be busy or unavailable on Election Day November 5th, then you probably qualify to vote early (in-person absentee). The Office of Elections is open for voting starting this Friday, September 20th. Nine Satellite Voting locations will open on Thursday, October 17th.
Dates, Times and Locations
VOTING AT THE OFFICE OF ELECTIONS STARTING SEPTEMBER 20:
12000 Government Center Pkwy, Fairfax (map)
Conference Rooms 2/3
September 20 – October 16:
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm, Thursdays until 7:00pm
Saturday October 5 & 12, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Closed Monday, Oct. 14 for Columbus Day
October 17 – November 2:
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 7:00pm
Saturdays 9:00am – 5:00pm
SATELLITE LOCATION VOTING STARTING OCTOBER 17:
October 17 – November 2
Monday – Friday 3:00 – 7:00pm
Saturdays 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Providence Community Center
3001 Vaden Dr, Fairfax – near Vienna Metro (map)
- Franconia Governmental Center
6121 Franconia Rd, Alexandria (map)
- McLean Governmental Center
1437 Balls Hill Rd, McLean (map)
- North County Governmental Center
1801 Cameron Glen Dr, Reston (map)
- West Springfield Governmental Center
6140 Rolling Rd, Springfield (map)
- Mason Governmental Center
6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale (map)
- Mount Vernon Governmental Center
2511 Parkers Ln, Alexandria (map)
- Sully Governmental Center
4900 Stonecroft Blvd, Chantilly (map)
- Lorton Library
9520 Richmond Hwy, Lorton (map)
Ways to Qualify to Vote Early
- Will you be outside of Fairfax County for any period of time on November 5th for work or personal reasons?
- Are you or your spouse going to school or college outside of Fairfax?
- Are you disabled or ill, taking care of a disabled or ill family member at home, or are you pregnant?
- Will you be working and commuting for 11 hours or more between 6am and 7pm on Nov. 5 (even if you never leave Fairfax County)?
For a full list of all 20 reasons to qualify, click here.
To request an absentee ballot by mail, click here to submit the request through the State Board of Elections website or download the printable Absentee Ballot Application.
For more information about voting (registration, absentee, etc), click here
We work to guarantee access to the ballot
Key tips about voting:
- Curbside voting will be available – just drive up and call the phone number on the sign
- Language assistance: any person (besides an election officer) is permitted to accompany a voter in the voting booth to assist them. The person assisting does not have to show ID.
Voter Registration Information
Register to vote, or update or check your voter registration status at elections.virginia.gov
Deadline: October 15th
Volunteer to distribute sample ballots at the Government Center during in-person absentee voting! Click here to sign up
Volunteer to help elect our 2019 candidates! Click here to find a volunteer event near you