Volunteers are the backbone of our Democracy. Virginia has elections every year and each year the Fairfax County Democratic Committee (FCDC) registers new voters, organizes more than 240 precincts, protects people’s Right to Vote, supplies campaigns with important resources, sponsors an internship program with dozens of young people, makes sure our voters know who is on the ballot, how they stand on the issues, where to vote, how to vote absentee, and we get our voters out to vote on Election Days.
FCDC also has a headquarters office in the middle of the County and your contributions pay for the rent, utilities and office supplies so we can help get Democrats elected. That’s how we win. That’s how we move Fairfax County forward and your contributions of time and money help make that happen. Please fill out our volunteer sign up form and we will make sure your time and effort are put to good use.
Click the box above for our Volunteer signup form where you can select from activities you may be interested in.
Every year we have elections. When campaign offices open, we will list them here.
Fairfax Democrats Headquarters
Our Headquarters is open year-round.
Hours: Mon-Fri 10am-4pm, and for additional events and meetings as scheduled on our Calendar
Call for additional availability
8500 Executive Park Ave. Suite 402
Fairfax, VA 22031 (map)
Volunteer at an Event
Click here to view a listing of upcoming Democratic Activities
Many of the events can use volunteers. Most are supervised by an affiliated organization such as a campaign. If you need assistance contacting the organizer, contact us.
Letters to the Editor
Be Heard! Write a Letter To the Editor. If it’s important to you, write a letter to the editors of your local newspapers. Your voice will be heard, and may even be published. Democrats have always supported a free and independent press. It is the privilege of citizenship to express oneself freely and openly.Choose your paper, click and send the letter. It’s that easy! We’ve included newspapers that take email letter submissions. If you have corrections and/or suggestions for other local newspapers / media, please contact us.
- The Washington Post
- The Washington Examiner
- The Chronicle Newspapers
- The Connection Newspapers
- Alexandria, Mt. Vernon, Centre View
- Burke, Fairfax, Fairfax Station, Clifton, Springfield
- Great Falls, Herdon, McLean, Reston, Vienna/Oakton
- The Washington Times
- The Mt. Vernon Voice
- The Times Community Newspapers
- The Richmond Times-Dispatch
- Leesburg Today
- The Herndon Observer
- most effective and are likely to be published when limited to one or two strong points
- keep letters short, between 200 and 250 words (300 max)
- mention the main reason you are writing at the beginning of your letter, preferably in the first sentence
- letters must include your home and/or business telephone number and address
- compose in word processing first: spell check, word count